Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies
In 1942, the first step was taken by establishing the Bangalore High School in a rented building at Visveswarapuram, Bangalore. Under the stewardship of its President-Late Rao Bahadur Professor B.Venkateshchar, Retired Director of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and the dedicated efforts of the Secretary Late Dharmaprakasha L.S. Venkaji Rao, a prominent businessman, the Managing Committee started the Vijaya College in 1945 in the same premises with the present Pre-University courses. During the next ten years, the college moved into its own building in Chamarajept, thanks to the generosity of His Holiness of Sri Sringeri Mutt.